A Brand—ID is a throughly tested, highly-effective system for course correcting the marketing efforts of companies. This Brand—ID is a curated list of tactics which comprise a complete strategic system using a multi-disciplinary approach giving us a bird’s eye view of the company and its current operations. Does this sound cold and calculated? It is.
A Brand—ID attracts customers and clients to your business the way it is supposed to do it. Not because the business owner wants it but because the customer desires it. This is what a Brand—ID is and does.
For whatever reason companies go through a flux either red or black lining their profit and loss. Our Brand—ID is a business stabilizer and keeps competition behind you, back in their position and places your company in the fore front.
First, before we get to the Brand—ID, we have a few links that might interest you.
BinkNyc transforms a company into a culture,
grows businesses into movements
improving peoples’ lives.
[ SEE: BINKNYC NEUROCHEMICAL INFOGRAPHIC PDF ]
“We did more to promote
Williamsburg | Brooklyn
than anyone else alive.”
BinkNyc patrons are first-hand witnesses to the Neurochemical Brand—ID™ and its miraculous results. Founder, Breuk Iversen, was recently recognized and asked by the American Association of Advertising Agencies to participate in their 4A’s iLab to share and train employees in the advancements of neurological techniques at Ogilvy & Mather, Horizon Media, R/GA and BBDO Worldwide.
With an exponentially evolving market moving as fast as it is today, a Brand—ID is not just an add-on, it is a necessity for accelerating business.
[ A (brick and mortar) ice cream store in Astoria, Queens, increases 320% in one year. ]
What a Neurochemical
It’s a 25-35 page instruction manual, customized and designed to place your business in a comfort zone among your competition. There is almost always competition because people have their income allocated to their respective lifestyles. Your competition is where they are spending their money now.
Your Brand—ID is usually based on your current standing in the market. The other pieces of the Brand—ID manual are based on scientific occurrences that are consistent in all human behavior. We call these the 86 Tenets. below is what you’ll want to know to move your company forward in any given market.
- Speaking to your (old and new) audience
- What words work optimally (creating mental images)
- What images work best (illustration or photography)
- What colors and shapes work for them
- Who your competition is (what’s their strengths and weaknesses)
- Dealing with competition and leveling the playing field
- Conducting Sales (where a client’s motivation ACTUALLY is)
- Understanding their values, attitudes and lifestyle(s).
We would like to explain this Brand—ID more deeply through a metaphor. The reason for using this metaphor is because it helps our clients visualize the concepts easier.
First, since 56% of the population is visually orientated. We can convey this complicated idea more simply this way. The metaphor best describes this particular BinkNyc process and how our Neurochemical technique (86 Tenets) applies to building any business—small or large.
Startling insights to even the most experienced and well-versed marketers/business owners are expected. They are usually blown away.
The Neurochemical perspective takes a fresh look at our rational/emotional, conscious/subconscious minds in a most delightful way. It tickles the emotionally-driven and speaks to our subconscious and higher aesthetics. The effect it has on business is measurable.
Building any business is just like building a building.
If you think of how a building is made, no one starts from the roof and builds downward. That would be insane. so you can only imagine what we think when we meet businesses that have a good product or service and are struggling.
A building in built from the ground up. Same with a business. There are certain steps and a sequence of events which take place.
Here are the steps:
- Put in a Basement,
- Walls, windows and doors,
- Plumbing, electric, water, gas and cable.
- Painting, decorating and finishing the house.
Then, we live-in, sell, or rent the property.
This translates to a business like this:
- Basement = Branding
- Walls, Windows and Doors = Design
- Plumbing, electric, water, gas and cable = Communications
- Painting, decorating and finishing = Advertising
Then you, grow, sell or rent the business.
Moving through the metaphor again:
First, there is finding a site. Then there’s something called a ‘ground-breaking’. The ground-breaking is digging a hole in the ground.
[ We call this part in our system: Research. This is the first step. ]
We set up perimeters; width, depth and length and call the cement truck to pour a foundation. After the foundation dries, we now have a basement. We’ve taken an idea, your idea, and have made it solid.
This basement is the foundation and format in which a business has a solid ‘mission’ and focus. This mission and focus means that all the language and images you use to convey ideas have a consistency.
We then move toward solidifying and identifying the emotional and rational benefits, aesthetic, and personality of the audience you want to address. This is the very first step; the foundation.
We ask business owners, their employees, contacts and current clients to take a few brief surveys so we can better understand the “Who, What, Where, When and Why” of their business. We often find consistent ‘personality dispositions’ and can even project what portion of the market share any business has achieved, once we do this research.
People are often in business with people that are like-minded. They share similar lifestyles, similar values, and similar attitudes. One of the 8 surveys we use, reveals what has happened to the business thus far in terms of attracting these “similar types.” Ironically, (and inevitably) the small business owner has customers and clients which are share lifestyles, values and attitudes but this question begs for an answer: “What if the attitudes, lifestyle and values aren’t the majority of the marketable value proposition?”
Next, we also look at their current competition, previous and current marketing efforts, and what outreach they’ve attempted. We can begin to plan and test what and where improvements can be made. We call this portion of the Brand—ID work Planning.
What happens when a business doesn’t have a firm foundation, like a basement, under their business? They become are like a tent on the lawn, a flea market and/or traveling salesperson. In the customer’s mind, these types of companies are seen as unreliable and fleeting. This doesn’t necessarily happen consciously but, happens on a deep subconscious level.
This is the end of our little metaphor for now.
Each BinkNyc proposal is fashioned to fit and captivate a
business’s audience. This is often very particular to
each and every business. It is customized in each case.
Most of the time, we’ve found that clients describe their
target market in very general terms like; age ranges, demographics,
geographic proximity, gender, and culture. As many studies
have shown this isn’t smart marketing. It was done like this
in the post-war, 1940s and 50s but, the game has
changed substantially since then.
We find these generalities like; age ranges, geographic proximity,
gender, and culture work sub-optimally, especially in building a
business that is built to last for any noteable duration.
This old school approach is guesswork and speculation
and the stuff you read in popular bookstore books,
magazines, videos and on blogs. There are way
more optimal ways to Brand—ID a business.
You will read more about it below.
Once we have the proper research and data of a “Brand—ID“, we can present options at the market types you are currently servicing and then move them into a much wider audience. Our techniques are also designed to specifically bypass and supersede: future competition. We like that and thought you would too.
“There is a mismatch between
what science knows
and what business does.”
— Daniel Pink
(Author of “Drive“)
The Neurochemical System Uses (partial list):
- Critical Market Analysis
- Neurochemical Research
- New Psychological (Neuro) Data
- A Competitive (competition) Survey
- New Media Business Strategies
- Game Theory,
- Network Theory,
- Statistical and Particle Physics,
biology, sociology and psychology.
- Worth-of-Mouth ( peer to peer and expert to peer messaging )
To the best of our knowledge, no other
company is currently approaching their
target market in quite this fashion.
Our results are measurable.
Our Process is simple.
What a Neurochemical Brand—ID entails:
1. Find a market position that you are already aligned with and maximize it.
This is accomplished through knowing exactly what your customer or clients wants and giving it to them. Their language, their images, their sounds and their feelings and all that appeals to THEM.
Also provided are psychological profiles from the data revealed. This is done through a series of surveys designed to identify and hit a specific target market and segment. The techniques we use are based on statistics and factual findings, developed over the last 60 years by prominent American and British educational institutions, psychological studies, brand marketing, intelligence companies and advertising agencies.
Once this is done, we can start address your market organically, neurochemically and subconsciously. < Link to a Harvard B.S. article >.
- Data-Driven research: We will give few surveys to hand to 20-40 current clients, staff, clients, and you. Half may be men and half may be women. Once we get all these results in we can begin. We are NO longer shooting in the dark.
2. Segmenting your audience using 3-8 effective market systems.
- Survey Results reveal a company’s market and we offer you several other markets to look at. Each of these markets get handled in a very different way. It will dictate the Design, Communications and Advertising and what ‘creative’ to use.We first analyze the process you are using, looking specifically at the successes and the pitfalls, and will recommend PERSONALITY adjustments to make at the company—generating more business.
- The personality traits have various and precise percentages of the American culture and are already identified and applied by ‘big box’ companies. This is one feature that makes the BinkNyc neurochemical system mathematical and scientific.It gets better.
Including one group and thoughtfully alienate others.
It is crucial that you ‘speak’ to a specific market while alienating another. This is how Advertising and your marketing efforts will work best. This is used by all major and mid-range ad agency standards and corporations. This shows itself publicly through the company’s ‘voice’.
3. Testing and Sampling clients and customers about their ‘experience’. Speaking to a select group of current or previous clients/salespeople about your platform, services and products is imperative to a process we call ‘discovery’. This is necessary to aid in psychological profiling; not only about the services themselves but, to see who and what your audience is and:
A) how better to serve them, and
B) to reveal their emotional, subconscious wants and motivational desires.
- What We Do:
Once this is done, we will want to select a couple of market types/lifestyles to test our “postulated theory” first. This includes newer sciences such as “Game Theory” and “Network Theory”. This process assures that we are conveying the correct ideas, messages and hidden wants and desires, that they, the customers, understand. This is applied to the imagery, personality, emotional and rational thought process; what they want to see, hear, taste, smell and touch.
* [ After the core audience is identified, we can then develop a greater affinity with the audience and build variables from there. Eventually we hit marketing segments so well and hit a phenomenon called “Bandwagoning”. This is when the clients or customer acts as an agent or brand ambassador for your company aka “Word-Of-Mouth”.
• Key Concepts in Branding
(1- Emotional; 2- Rational Benefits; 3- Aesthetics; 4- Brand Persona)
- Gaining “Rapport” (using time-tested; Sensory Data)
- What a Brand is and does (a scientific and psychological perspective)
- Setting up a Branding Language that speaks to your market’s subconscious wants and desires.
• Identifying what needs to be implemented and applying it:
Words and phrases that are currently being used in a segment market which exposes the innermost desires of the people being marketing to. As this get applied to a company’s communications, it has a repetitive hypnotic effect thus owning the Brand words in a customers/clients’ mind.
• Pricing and Pricing Structures:
People love package deals. They may be designed in a specific way to “direct” the audience into a predictable price point. This works like math and their response is predictable and happens as expected.
We all know a good deal when we see one and look for it whenever possible (see McDonald’s, Apple, Starbucks). Setting up what price points are best guides and assists the customer creating a pleasurable eXperience. for the customer.
• Edits to the existing, menus, options, website and social media
(text and images).
- Neurochemically-charged images and language (emotion-laden)
- Brand ready (for the Client/Customers benefit).
- Assisting the the Client/Customer’s decision making process.
- Time-tested techniques that are familiar to existing Users.
Four Step Connection Process:
- Introduction Techniques that are familiar to Users.
- Conversation Techniques
- Sub-Rapport Techniques
- Long-Lasting and sustainable Relationship Techniques
• Futurist Foresight as a mathematical science.
Utilizing a system called Tetrad Management used by prominent “Think Tanks” and critically looking at the enhancements, obsolescence, retrieval and reversal of your firm, we can look at future predictions and setting a plan when competition arrives.
Active artifacts will give us insight into the variable possibilities; where they begin, what they do and where they may end. This gives us a holistic overview of competition and how they have either locked-in, avoided, galvanized or superseded their/our market or not.
We will go over the percentages of the market share we can expect to capture and what methods are ideal to employ and at what times.
• Brand Implementation:
Fashioning the writing, day to day language, sales dialogue is built and designed to address the subconscious wants and desires of specific markets and segments. Enrolling an effective sales system and staff with the Brand—ID Language (lexicon) is imperative to the success of any campaign of this nature.
• Layout and Design of the Brand—ID – The lexicon, imagery and points of contact should carry the same overall company value and message and appear in all sales materials, ads, forms, contracts, web design and images for training the sales staff.
We also review your sales process and manuals. We will have a much greater potential for understanding what is going on and how better to improve company’s procedure. This places less pressure on the administration and begins to ‘mainstream’ the sales staff so each customer ‘experience’ becomes and memorable and repeatable process. They become semi-Brand Ambassadors for your company. This happens because you addressed their ideal wants and needs.
• Web Design:
To Design means to INTEND.
Knowing what type of contrast, textures, line, images, colors and how ‘deep metaphors’ are applied and used in market segmentation is imperative to understanding and addressing the both emotional and subconscious needs, wants and desires of an audience.
This should be presented on the website as a User eXperience. The type of imagery should address the values, attitudes and lifestyle of the target market. There are also inner or outer-directed (introverted and extroverted) and their dispositions are also addressed. We are always cognizant and mindful of the Brand—ID (kinesthetic, audio, or visual), its imagery, language, offering and intelligence level.
• ZEF – The Next Level Branding for Sales and Lead Generation:
Branding is giving you a solid working outline (foundation) of a plan to incorporate and convey your Brand’s Message to customers. It is the foundation in the ground that solidifies the building of any business. It’s what makes the difference between the success and failure of companies and organizations.
Companies that are still around after 100+ years know full well that it is their brand that got them from Point A to Point B. How long you want to last is now up to you.
——————– • ——————-
“Knowledge is knowing what
and what it is not.”
— Breuk Iversen
——————– • ——————-
Please feel free to call.
(718) 578-6613. : ))
Once the Brand—ID Lexicon is applied and implemented into everything, across the board, we will ask that clients adhere and promise to keep this lexicon for at least 1-2 years. During the second or third month or two, we are going to set in stone your words, images and what language neurochemically touches your Client/Customers. Once you see how well this works, you will wonder how you ever got along without it. : ))